EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES - EASPD
The EASPD, a non-profit NGO in the field of disability, represents the point of view of over 10.000 social services and their associations. There are more than 60 million people with disabilities in Europe.
The main goal of the EASPD is to promote equal opportunity for the disabled persons thanks to quality, efficient service systems.
In order to build a Europe for all, we strive to provide high quality services encouraging the full participation and inclusion of all disabled persons in society. We believe that support services play a key role to allow all citizens to exercise their fundamental rights on equal terms, beyond disability or any other factor. It is precisely this belief that drives our work in Brussels, Strasbourg and the entire Europe.
We have committed to work on the principles of openness, participation, responsability, efficiency and consistency. Therefore our work is guided by the following tenets:
• the users' participation in the development of service offers
• the implementation of good governance principles
• a focus on our services' accessibility, availability and adaptability
The EASPD aspires to a social Europe for all, including the persons with disabilities, garanteeing universal access to high quality services for every individual in need. As such, we work towards:
• the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
• the provision of quality services, user-centric, which runs on the bases of accountability and efficiency
• fair working conditions and training opportunities for staff employed in services.
More information on www.easpd.eu.